‘gaurāńga’ bolite habe pulaka-śarīra
‘hari hari’ bolite nayane ba’ be nīra
āra kabe nitāi-cānder koruṇā hoibe
saḿsāra-bāsanā mora kabe tuccha ha’be
viṣaya chāriyā kabe śuddha ha ‘be mana
kabe hāma herabo śrī-bṛndābana
rūpa-raghunātha-pade hoibe ākuti
kabe hāma bujhabo se jugala-pīriti
rūpa-raghunātha-pade rahu mora āśa
prārthanā koroye sadā narottama-dāsa
WORD FOR WORD TRANSLATION: Gauranga Bolite Habe Pulaka Sarira
1) When will that opportune moment come to us, when our bodies will feel ecstatic upon chanting the name of Lord Gauranga*? And when our eyes will fill with tears of love upon chanting Hari, Hari*?
2) When will I obtain the mercy of Lord Nityananda. When, by His mercy will the desire for material pleasures become very insignificant?
3) When the mind is completely purified, being freed from material anxieties and desires, then I shall be able to understand Vrndavana and the amorous love of Radha and Krsna, and then my spiritual life will be successful.
4) When shall I be very eager to study the books left by the Six Gosvami’s, headed by Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami? By their instruction I shall be able to properly understand the amorous pastimes of Radha and Krsna.
5) My only aspiration is to attain the lotus feet of the Six Gosvamis headed by Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami. Narottama dasa constantly prays to attain their lotus feet.
*Gauranga is another name of Lord Chaitanya, which means ‘golden-limbed’. Hari is another name for Krishna, which means one who steals away all of our troubles.